Join The Deming Institute Team
Everybody must be on a team to work for improvement of quality. -Dr. W. Edwards Deming
Senior Development and Communications Manager
The Deming Institute is hiring a Senior Development and Communications Manager.
Do you have a passion for building a community of support and shaping an organization’s story and messaging? Join a growing team that values collaboration, lifelong learning, innovation and continual improvement. As the Senior Development and Communications Manager you will oversee the planning and implementation of WEDI’s annual giving, special campaigns, major gifts, grants and corporate support. This position will also manage organizational communications and play an important role in developing our new membership program scheduled for launch later this year.
The Deming Institute is a virtual organization and this is a full-time, exempt, work from home position with benefits. Our preference is for applicants from the Seattle area as it is one of our staff hubs. Salary $65,000 - $75,000 DOE.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position is open until we find the right person for our team.
The Senior Development and Communications Manager provides leadership, strategic direction and implementation of the fund development and communications program of The W. Edwards Deming Institute (The Institute). This manager works in close collaboration with the Executive Director and staff team to advance The Institute’s aim, programs, membership, philanthropy, communications and public relations.
The successful candidate will work to create a philanthropic culture, develop the resources and relationships to further The Institute’s aim, craft the organization’s story and messaging, and oversee the systems and procedures to support these efforts.
This position is supported by a database manager but does not directly supervise any team members.
- Develop strategy, plan, and execute membership and annual campaigns including direct mail, email appeals, events, recognition and member fulfillment protocols.
- Oversee the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual and corporate major donor prospects through personalized outreach.
- Ensure adequate systems are in place to support fund development and membership, including tracking moves and outreach, reporting, research, gift processing and recognition.
- Track and report fundraising activities and events to monitor progress, assess outcomes and analyze results.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies that will broaden reach, build relationships, and create interest and awareness in The Institute and its programs.
- Create an organizational communications plan and ensure consistency in brand and messaging for The Institute. Implement organizational style guide and enforce graphic standards.
- Manage the editorial calendar, including the organization’s social media presence and the production of the newsletter and annual report.
- Manage The Institute’s website content and updates, and oversee the production of promotional and event materials for The Institute’s events.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, ethical principles and standards of professional practices.
- Continually learn and deepen knowledge of the Deming philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in nonprofit management or related field with track record of overseeing department and/or programs.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in planning and coordinating special events.
- Creative and skillful writer to help organizational messages.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database management.
- Experience with digital media and membership programs a plus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or requirements of the job.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.