Join The Deming Institute Team
Everybody must be on a team to work for improvement of quality. -Dr. W. Edwards Deming
The W. Edwards Deming Institute is hiring a Learning Systems Specialist. Do you have experience managing both the content and functions of a learning management system (LMS)? Do you enjoy helping people navigate software and troubleshoot problems so they can engage in online learning? We are a nonprofit team focused on enriching society through the Deming philosophy.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary range: $50-60,000 D.O.E. We are a remote operating organization with hubs in Idaho and Washington and prefer candidates who reside in those states. To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position is open until we find the right team member.
Learning Systems Specialist
The W. Edwards Deming Institute seeks a Learning Systems Specialist to provide day-to-day management of a new Learning Management System (LMS) for Deming Online. Deming Online, a new educational offering of The Deming Institute, is a flexible, online program designed to help users discover and deepen their understanding of the Deming philosophy.
The Learning Systems Specialist will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Deming Institute Staff Team to develop protocols for excellent customer service and continual improvements and additions of this new program.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
- Support day-to-day administration of Deming Online on the Docebo LMS platform.
- Oversee the distribution of new courses/classes, roster management and eLearning content testing.
- Ensure participant inquiries and issues are handled with a high level of professionalism and compassion, leaving them feeling well taken care of.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a knowledge base and supporting documentation regarding Docebo administrative access and functions.
- Develop and maintain training and job aids for users (learners, instructors and business unit administrators) of the system.
- Support administrators with testing content, enhancements and general system functionality.
- Own, identify, research and resolve user questions and issues through inbox and ticket tracking system.
- Work with stakeholders to design curricula and appropriate system configuration.
- Continually look for ways to improve the user experience, independently implementing minor improvements and submitting proposals for major improvements.
- Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of learning participants, including board members, senior leaders, and Deming community members to provide user support and recommendations for improvements to the Deming Online user experience.
- Be a conduit between the LMS provider and the organization, staying abreast of all enhancements, changes and options, and provide clear guidance and recommendations to The Deming Institute based on contents of software releases.
- Stay apprised of learning technologies as they apply to solving business challenges and making employee development seamless and engaging.
- Create, manage and enforce the system governance, including policies and procedures, to ensure the integrity of the data and a consistent user experience.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meeting business needs on a timely basis.
- Continually learn and deepen knowledge of the Deming philosophy.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, human resources, instructional design, or related field preferred.
- A belief in the aim of The Deming Institute.
- 1-3 years of experience working with Learning Management Systems (Docebo, or comparable LMS, administrator/super-user experience preferred).
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience serving in a Quality Assurance capacity testing eLearning content and course performance.
- Experience with process documentation and contributing to system knowledge base repositories.
- Proficiency working in ticket-based workflow systems.
- Experience working with remote teams and use of virtual conference tools.
- Knowledge of SCORM 1.2/2004, xAPI and AICC standards, and ability to troubleshoot course issues.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations is a plus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or requirements of the job.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.