The PDSA Cycle (Plan-Do-Study-Act) is a systematic series of steps for gaining valuable learning and knowledge for the continual improvement of a product or process. Also known as the Deming Wheel, or Deming Cycle, the concept and application was first introduced to Dr. Deming by his mentor, Walter Shewhart of the famous Bell Laboratories in New York.
Learn more about the PDSA cycle
- The History and Evolution of the PDSA Cycle
- Deming 101: Theory of Knowledge and the PDSA Improvement and Learning Cycle
- Keys to the Effective Use of the PDSA Improvement Cycle
- Clearing Up Myths About the Deming Cycle, and How it Keeps Evolving
- Improvement Guide Handbook is an excellent resource for those interested in using the PDSA cycle to improve