"There will be joy in work, joy in learning. Anyone that enjoys his work is a pleasure to work with. Everyone will win; no losers."
- W. Edwards Deming, The New Economics for Industry, Government, Education
Enriching society through the Deming philosophy.
(LEARN MORE about our educational programs and events!)
At The Deming Institute, we honor the legacy of Dr. Deming by bringing his teachings to life today and for the future. We’re introducing his teachings to a younger generation, developing new Deming leaders and ensuring the transition of knowledge from Dr. Deming’s trusted colleagues. Through new programs, learning events and digital resources we will increase the adoption of The Deming System of Profound Knowledge® in our schools and in small to mid-sized businesses and organizations. We will strengthen nonprofits that are as committed as we are to making people’s lives better. Our vision is for the System of Profound Knowledge® to be the standard lens people use to understand and improve the world.
Indeed, joy flourishes when leaders drive out fear and the forces of destruction from an organization. When cooperation supplants competition, and people know what their jobs are and how they contribute to the system. When it’s understood that people learn in different ways—reading, listening, and watching—and that learning is a lifelong endeavor. When these and other teachings and practices of The Deming System of Profound Knowledge® are embraced and applied, not only do organizations improve and thrive, but people experience a greater sense of purpose, fulfillment and joy.
- We believe in the power of Dr. Deming’s vision of a better world and strive, with joy, to carry on his work.
- We are dedicated to the Deming philosophy and the belief that working together, with humility, we can make a difference in the quality of life for everyone.
- We have high moral and ethical standards, professional and personal integrity and commitment to lifelong learning.
- We believe in working together with a spirit of cooperation, collaboration, respect and support.
- We are a diverse and inclusive community.
LEARN MORE about our educational programs and events!