"The transformation will take us into a new method of reward. We must restore the individual, and do so in the complexities of interaction with the rest of the world. The transformation will release the power of human resource contained in intrinsic motivation. In place of competition for high rating, high grades, to be Number One, there will be cooperation on problems of common interest between people, divisions, companies, competitors, governments, countries. The result will in time be greater innovation, applied science, technology, expansion of market, greater service, greater material reward for everyone. There will be joy in work, joy in learning. Anyone that enjoys his work is a pleasure to work with. Everyone will win; no losers."
W. Edwards Deming, The New Economics for Industry, Government, Education
Enriching society through the Deming philosophy.
Indeed, joy flourishes when leaders drive out fear and the forces of destruction from an organization. When cooperation supplants competition, and people know what their jobs are and how they contribute to the system. When it’s understood that people learn in different ways--reading, listening, and watching—and that learning is a lifelong endeavor. When these and other teachings and practices of The Deming System of Profound Knowledge® are embraced and applied, not only do organizations improve and thrive, but people experience a greater sense of purpose, fulfillment and joy.
- We believe in the power of Dr. Deming’s vision of a better world and strive, with joy, to carry on his work.
- We are dedicated to the Deming philosophy and the belief that working together, with humility, we can make a difference in the quality of life for everyone.
- We have high moral and ethical standards, professional and personal integrity and commitment to lifelong learning.
- We believe in working together with a spirit of cooperation, collaboration, respect and support.
- We are a diverse and inclusive community.