Productivity isn’t based on employee effort, it’s based on process capability.
It’s a common misconception that productivity can be increased if employees can be motivated to work harder and faster. Incentivizing people to do more with the same resources and process constraints will eventually lead to lower quality and deteriorating morale. In order to improve output and quality, the capabilities of both the process and the employee need to be improved and the Deming Management Method will show you how.
Deming’s Keys To Improving Productivity:
- Set a clear and consistent purpose - Define the organization’s purpose, align programs and processes, and stay the course. Ignore the temptation to try something new when you don’t see immediate results
- Integrate Silos - Teams need to understand that they are all working together to help the organization succeed and that no one team is more important than another
- Provide Learning Opportunities - continual learning keeps workers engaged and improves their capacity to help the organization succeed
- Eliminate goals and quotas - 94-96% of the time what your employees can deliver is based on the capability of the process, not their individual efforts. Goals and quotas are harmful when the process can’t meet them, and employees are blamed
- Optimize the Process - Focus everyone on improving how things are done and watch efficiency and effectiveness improve
Deming’s Management Method will provide you with the tools and framework to evaluate and improve the capabilities of your processes and your employees simultaneously, so true productivity increases can be achieved and sustained over the long term.
Organizations have been using Deming since the 1950’s
Industry leaders believe in Deming.
"Since we started using Deming our turnaround, our efficiencies, and our customer service has enhanced. Our revenue definitely has improved."
Learn Deming at your own speed with DemingNEXT®.
DemingNEXT, our self-paced online learning program is the easiest way to learn Deming.
- Interactive lessons and case studies teach you how to use the Deming Management Method and tools.
- An ever expanding library of 100’s of articles from industry experts and Deming practitioners demonstrating how to use Deming methods in modern organizations.
- Interviews with organization leaders using Deming to cut costs, increase sales and improve the quality of their products and services.
Experience the power of DemingNEXT for free.
We know that the transformative power of Deming is hard to believe without experiencing it so we’re offering you a free trial of DemingNEXT to get you started.
Unlock the full power of DemingNEXT with an annual subscription.
Access the entire catalog of courses and the complete content library for $499 per year. Multi-seat subscriptions are available so you can share DemingNEXT with others in your organization.
Organization/Group Sales, White Label Services & Nonprofit Discounts
We offer discounted pricing to nonprofits. We also offer white labeling services such as co-branded private portals, as well as the ability to add DemingNEXT courses into your own learning management system. For more information regarding discounted subscriptions please contact us.