April 2017- 2.5 Day Seminar for Owners and Executives
“I should estimate that in my experience most troubles and most possibilities for improvement
add up to the proportions something like this: 94% belongs to the system
(responsibility of management), 6% special”
Aim: For attendees to understand and begin applying Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge to lead and manage their organizations.
This seminar explores simple and powerful principles and is appropriate for anyone who manages people or who holds executive responsibility. Topic areas include the four elements of Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge (a.k.a. The Deming Management Method)
Dr. Deming said, “a bad system will beat a good person every time”. At this seminar you will learn to look at your organization through a new lens; a lens of how to make your system better – and thus get better results. You will gain new knowledge to remove barriers, increase efficiencies, reduce wasted time, boost motivation, and provide better insight into what’s really going on in your organization. And, you’ll discover how to measure what is (and is not) realistically possible for your organization to achieve.
This seminar explores simple and powerful principles and is appropriate for anyone who manages people or who holds executive responsibility. Topic areas include the four elements of Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge (a.k.a. The Deming Management Method):
- Understanding of and Appreciation for your Organization as a System – How to lead & optimize a system – not destroy it. Foster Respect and Joy in work.
- Understanding Variation – Conclusions we can/cannot make from data & observations. Actions to take.
- The Theory of Knowledge – Is what we “know” really so? Learning – Improvement – Rational Thinking.
- Understanding Psychology – The truth about how humans react & interact. Beliefs – Behaviors – Consequences.
Through enjoyable and engaging hands-on activities, small group breakouts, energetic work sessions, discussions and Q & A, you will gain visibility into what is holding you back – and where you can improve effectiveness, reduce costs, increase productivity, and accelerate growth and innovation. Please join us!
April 26 – 27, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
April 28, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Lynda M. Finn founded Statistical Insight in 2003 to provide consulting and training services in the areas of business process improvement, Six Sigma implementation, Lean Enterprise, and specialized statistical approaches such as design of experiments and data mining. Prior to founding Statistical Insight, Ms. Finn worked for 19 years as a senior consultant at Oriel Incorporated (formerly Joiner Associates) where she was the lead subject matter expert on all Oriel Six Sigma programs.
For over 25 years, Ms. Finn has focused on using data and statistics to improve business processes and achieve key business objectives. She has:
- Worked with a range of companies including health care, software, financial services, insurance, high-tech electronics, manufacturing, retailing and publishing
- Assisted most business functions, including manufacturing, operations, sales and marketing, product development, information technology, customer service, order processing, call centers, finance, HR, R&D and training
- Developed instructor led and e-learning training programs in process management, process design and improvement tools and methods
- Coached and trained people at all levels
- Led and coached numerous improvement projects which have resulted in multi-million dollar savings for her clients
- Lead numerous data mining efforts to improve sales, reduce costs and improve product quality
She has authored or co-authored numerous publications including: Six Sigma Memory Jogger II — a Pocket Guide (Goal/QPC; Spiral edition), Plain and Simple Process Improvement Tools Series (Oriel Inc.), and Guiding Successful Six Sigma Projects (Oriel Inc.)
Ms. Finn holds an M.S. in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1983) and a B.S. in biochemistry from Cornell University (1981). She has been certified as a Quality Engineer by the American Society of Quality. In 2004 Lynda was one of only 12 people worldwide selected by the W. Edwards Deming Institute to reconfigure Dr. Deming’s famous “Four Day Seminar” into the 2.5 day seminar “Out of the Crisis” and be certified as an instructor for The W. Edwards Deming Institute®.
Bill is on the Advisory Council of The Deming Institute, where he also served as Deputy Director for nearly three years and a board member for 12 years. He chairs the Deming Medal Committee for ASQ and is an editorial board and columnist for the UK’s Lean Management Journal. Bill served as an Associate (Technical) Fellow for Aerojet Rocketdyne for 26 years and is the founding President of the In2:InThinking Network.
Includes facilitated program, Dr. Deming’s book “The New Economics”, handouts, light breakfast, lunch and beverages