By John Hunter, founder of CuriousCat.com.
The W. Edwards Deming Institute® and Purdue University present a weekend conference sharing the ideas of Dr. Deming and their connection to the critical concept of sustainability.
Out of the Crisis – New Thinking for a Sustainable World
October 18-20, 2013
This energizing and interactive conference will provide an opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with speakers, Deming family members, and other attendees currently using Deming’s teachings in their organizations. You’ll come away enthused and inspired!
Who should attend
Institute conferences are open to all — practitioners, students, executives, administrators, managers, educators, and individual contributors — across business, government, education, and communities.
Visit the conference website for registration and more information.
For active students, a limited number of scholarships are available. The scholarships cover $200 of the student registration fee. Complete and submit the online application form, and you will receive an email once the Scholarship Committee has reviewed your application.
- Ian Bradbury, President, Peaker Services
- Disruptive Sustainability and Deming
- Disruptive Sustainability, Andrew McKeon, Founder and Principle of Business Climate
- Application of Deming’s Principles to the Sustainability Challenge, Prof. John Sutherland, Head of Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University
- Investing in a Regenerative ‘New Economy’, John Fullerton, Founder/President of Capital Institute
- Highlighting SIA’s Zero – Landfill Strategy, Tom Easterday, Executive VP, Subaru Indiana Automotive
- Sustainability as a National Imperative, Mark ‘Puck’ Mykleby, USMC Colonel (Ret.), Senior Fellow, New America Foundation & co-author of “A National Strategic Narrative“
- Patagonia’s Quality and Sustainability Journey, Randy Harward – VP, Advanced Research & Development at Patagonia
- Remembering Dr. Deming, Nida Backaitis, Principal, Organizational Effectiveness Consultant Group, MITRE Corporation
- Sustainable Education, David Langford, President and CEO of Langford International, Inc.
- A Systems Approach to Sustainability, Tad Radzinski, Founder of Sustainable Solutions Corporation
- Panel: Application of Dr. Deming’s Thinking for a Sustainable World, Andrew McKeon and Brian Joiner, Moderator: Dan Robertson
Webcasts of 2012 conference presentations: The Neuroscience of Deming – Change has to Start from the Top with David Langford – The Development of Deming’s Management System – Deming and Lean: The Disparities and Similarities – How Did We Do on the Test?