Guest post by John Hunter, author of Management Matters: Building Enterprise Capability.
The Covid-19 crisis has created many challenges to standard ways of working. Attending conferences provides a useful way to learn and improve your management understanding. Given the challenges of 2020, I would like to remind you that we make many of our past conference presentations available online for free.
I invite you to take advantage of these great presentations to create your own personal conference. Or set aside some time each week to watch one presentation; don’t forget to include some time to think about how you can apply the ideas to improve management in your organization.
Here are some options to get you started:
- Exploring Measurement, presentation by Ian Bradbury
- Managing People and Motivation by Peter Scholtes
- System Improvement by David Langford
- Leadership Principles of Dr. W. Edwards Deming by Joyce Orsini
- The Development of Deming’s Management System by Mike Tveite
- Applying Deming’s Management Thinking at Patagonia by Randy Harward
- Inquiring Minds: Improving Elementary Science by Linda Lippe
- Curiosity, Learning, Knowledge, and Improvement by Tim Higgins
- Silos to Systems by Lisa Snyder
- Applying Quality as a Business Strategy at Hallmark Building Supplies by Louie Paynter