Join our team as the new Senior Administrative Specialist!
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and Philanthropy
JOB STATUS: Full-time, exempt
SALARY RANGE: $51,000 – $56,800
ABOUT THE WORKPLACE CULTURE:
The Deming Institute is an inclusive and welcoming environment. The team fosters a culture of learning, continual improvement, and collaboration and ensures systems and processes advance the Institute’s aim. Staff and volunteers use many Deming approaches to create visible systems and initiate and test innovations. The small team of five staff is supported by a network of volunteers and professional services providers.
ABOUT THE WORKPLACE LOCATION:
Employees enjoy the flexibility of working virtually and partnering and collaborating closely together on operations and programming. Our preference is for applicants from the greater Seattle or Wood River Valley (Idaho) region, as we currently have staff located in these areas.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Philanthropy (DOP), the Senior Administrative Specialist (SAS) of The W. Edwards Deming Institute (The Institute) holds both internal and external roles for the organization, with the chief responsibility of administrative support and office management.
The SAS partners closely with the DOP to ensure office systems are efficiently established and maintained, and the nonprofit organization upholds all requirements and regulations. The SAS oversees office functions such as accounts payable and ensures mail and general communications are promptly addressed. The SAS provides support to the Executive Director, the DOP, and assists other members of The Institute’s small team with donor programs, operations, financial management, and events.
Essential to this role are organizational skills, ability to work both independently and collaboratively, analytical skills, customer service skills, project management experience, flexibility, and discretion.
Office Systems – 40%
- Establish and maintain the Institute office systems, documenting with flowcharts and procedural guides as appropriate.
- Work with third-party vendors to ensure compliance with state charitable registrations and corporate registrations and reports.
- Process invoices and reimbursement expense reports for payment.
- Process daily mail and route items to responsible parties.
- Comply with applicable regulations, ethical principles, and standards of professional practices.
Executive Support – 10%
- Provide scheduling assistance to the Executive Director, DOP, and for volunteer meetings.
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, virtual meeting platform management, sending reminders, sharing meeting materials, and organizing catering when necessary.
- Facilitate correspondence.
Programs and Events – 50%
- Ensure inquiries made through general email or website contact form are addressed.
- Assist with database information entry and reporting functions.
- Create event pages/registration forms; manage registrations, cancellations, and refunds.
- Prepare regular reports for event registration and program subscriptions.
- Manage event logistics and provide tech support to virtual workshops.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Represent the organization externally, including public events and meetings.
- Help to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for the Deming community regarding diversity which may include geography, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, immigration status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, sex, age, ability and religion.
- Occasionally attend and participate in in-person Board meetings and staff retreats.
Due to the varied and deadline-driven responsibilities of the position, this individual must be able to manage multiple priorities. This person must have well-honed interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to establish good relationships with staff, board members, members, customers, donors, members and volunteers. The SAS is expected to convey a professional and positive image and demonstrate a commitment to continued professional growth.
- Experience working successfully from a home office.
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent. BA degree or completion of college-level administration courses preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in administrative services and executive support.
- Interest in continually learning about the Deming philosophy.
- Excellent customer service and written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to solve problems.
- Enjoys innovating and is detail- and results-oriented.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the job.
The Deming Institute values the health and well-being of our team. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for team members and a generous time-off policy. We also do our best to accommodate flexible working hours to help team members maintain a positive work-life balance.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position is open until we find the right person for our team.