The Annual Deming Institute Fall Conference will be held at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA this year. Friday, October 18 there will be an evening of networking from 6 PM to 9 PM. There will be a full day of sessions on Saturday and morning sessions on Sunday (ending at Noon on October 20th).
The theme for this years conference is: Out of the Crisis – New Thinking for a Sustainable World [broken link, removed].
This inspiring and illuminating conference will feature top leaders and educators presenting the ideas of Dr. Deming and making connections to the important concept of Sustainability. To create a genuinely sustainable world, there will have to be a complete transformation in how we get and use energy, how we feed ourselves, how we travel, how we provide and use goods/services, and how we work and collaborate. Transformation will mean disruption.
So, mark your calendars, and join us for a truly profound experience that identifies links between Dr. Deming’s thinking and the underlying values and principles of sustainability.
- Ian Bradbury, President, Peaker Services
- Andrew McKeon, Founder and Principal of BusinessClimate
- Prof. John Sutherland, Head of Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University
- Tom Easterday, Executive VP, Subaru Indiana Automotive
- Nida Backaitis, Principal, Organizational Effectiveness Consultant Group, MITRE Corporation
- Brian Joiner, Co-founder and Board Member of Sustain Dane; Author of Fourth Generation Management
- H. Thomas Johnson, Professor of Business Administration, Portland State University; Author of Profit Beyond Measure
Who should attend?
The W. Edward Deming Institute conferences are open to all — practitioners, students, executives, administrators, managers, educators, and individual contributors — across business, government, education, and communities.
For more details and to register (starting May 1st) see the conference web page [broken link, removed].
Related: Excerpts from 2012 conference presentation – Hallmark Building Supplies: Applying Deming as a Business Strategy – Video Introduction to Dr. Deming – The Essential Deming, a New Book on Dr. Deming’s Work